Named after Nanaimo, British Columbia, this classic Canadian dessert is a fan favorite in the north. Nanaimo bars are simple to make and require no baking, meaning you can get elevated without any extra steps. Mix in a bit of cannabis tincture and you’ll forget pot brownies are even a thing.
Cannabis-Infused Nanaimo Bars
(Courtesy of Tilray)
Start to Finish: 4 hours 20 minutes (active: 20 minutes)
Yields: 12 squares
Approximate Dosage: 8mg THC per square*
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ⅔ cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 100mg of cannabis tincture*
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 ⅔ cups dark chocolate, chopped
- To create the base, heat butter, cocoa, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth. Stir in crumbs, coconut, almonds, and egg.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer to a parchment paper-lined 8″x 8″ baking pan and press evenly into bottom. Set aside.
- To create the filling, use an electric hand mixer to beat butter, confectioners’ sugar, cream, powdered milk, vanilla, and cannabis tincture thoroughly in a bowl on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Spread over the bottom layer.
- For the topping, melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Spread over filling layer. Chill until set, at least four hours.
- Cut into 12 even squares and serve.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Tilray. Tilray and Leafly are both owned by Privateer Holdings.
*Note: The amount of cannabis tincture specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your tincture and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Thank you for visiting MDMMCC.com, the premier Medical Marijuana Certification Center in Maryland. Our Mission at the Maryland Medical Marijuana Certification Clinics (MDMMCC) is to provide the certification necessary for qualified patients to obtain Medical Marijuana in compliance with the Maryland Medical Marijuana Laws in the State of Maryland. MDMMCC will have offices open throughout Maryland.