From politics to pop culture, whether it’s good or bad, people have plenty to say about cannabis. Here’s a roundup of quotes from the past week.
“We do not want individuals prosecuted—we want the industry to be accountable. This industry—starting from the top — should be systematically shut down.”
– Kevin Sabet, president of Smart Approaches to Marijuana, during a phone conference discussing the Cole Memo
“The President has told me he is a strong supporter of medicinal marijuana. He has launched a just war on opioids which he has correctly said is the real drug abuse crisis today.”
– Roger Stone, in a prepared statement in which he also apologizes for referring to a number of black Americans as “negro”
“If I hadn’t begun self-medicating with [cannabis], I would have killed myself. The relief isn’t immediate. It doesn’t make the pain disappear. But it’s the only thing that takes the sharpest edges off my symptoms…But I live in fear that I will be arrested purchasing an illegal drug. I want safe, regulated medical cannabis to be a treatment option.”
– Thomas James Brennan, a former sergeant in the Marine Corps who wrote an op-ed for the New York Times, “Make Pot Legal for Veterans With Traumatic Brain Injury“
“People who use medical marijuana to treat arthritis are literally burning joints to soothe their burning joints.”
– a “shower thought” from reddit user furiouspasta
“The dumbest purchase I ever made…hmm…dumbest purchase I ever made…I think it was when I bought what was supposed to be five dollars worth of pot in the village, way, way, way back, and the guy who got it for me got oregano. And I bought myself an envelope full of oregano.”
– David Crosby, founding member of both The Byrds and Crosby, Stills & Nash, during an impromptu call into The Best Show after “these pruciferous [which isn’t a word] people on Twitter” kept asking him to call in
[The idea of legalized recreational marijuana] “makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.”
– US Attorney General Jeff Sessions addressing an audience at the National Alliance For Drug Endangered Children in Wisconsin
“Aren’t you the two that pulled me over before? How are you mounties now? Or should I say ‘meownties,’ heh heh.”
– Jim Gaffigan as Mr. Larry Johnson in the teaser trailer for Super Troopers 2 (okay, it’s not an explicit cannabis quote, but the first movie is enjoyed by many cannabis enthusiasts and the sequel drops on 4/20/2018)
Thank you for visiting MDMMCC.com, the premier Medical Marijuana Certification Center in Maryland. Our Mission at the Maryland Medical Marijuana Certification Clinics (MDMMCC) is to provide the certification necessary for qualified patients to obtain Medical Marijuana in compliance with the Maryland Medical Marijuana Laws in the State of Maryland. MDMMCC will have offices open throughout Maryland.